Saturday, March 27, 2010

20 Weeks

Finally half-way there! Its becoming more real to our whole family now. Yesterday I told Jayden that his shoes were getting too small and he needed new ones. He then told me to keep them for when our baby gets "bigger & bigger". Jayden seems to be pretty accepting of another sibling. He is even practicing feeding his cousin Ava baby food. He also was following his cousin Alanas lead and was trying to breastfeed a doll......I will let Jeremy explain that to him. Grayson and Colby are both older so they have to act cool about it.....but I know they are secretly excited, especially Colby, he loves to hold babies.

It seems like in the last week or two our baby has had a big growth spurt. And has also changed positions alittle bit because it kicks me where it should now. SO here is what is going on with our baby this week.......




Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.


Maybe later today I'll post a 20 week picture...only after I take a shower and do my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment